Sunday, February 1, 2009

<3 LOVE OF HiS TREAD <3


The recognizable crowd composed of void faces stands before me
Though there is no exchange of words, what lies in their eyes is louder than any expression possibly produced by their voice boxes.
I indolently turn to walk away, taking several small paces.
After so many, I discretely peer over my shoulder, yearning for them to have scattered and disappeared into the night.
Yet there they are.
They follow me as if collectively they are my shadow, moving as one completely uncommunicative body.
I remain composed.
Paces eventually transition to immeasurable miles of journey.
With another peer I understand.
There they are. Just as they once were, with the same power in their eyes from introduction.
Composition vanishes.
I separate my lips to release the indignation but nothing but silence seeps.
The speed of my footsteps rapidly increases but no solution is found there.
Like I said: A shadow, No MY shadow
They see something that doesn’t exist within my mind but I don’t have the nerve to tell them I haven’t lost the answers.
I haven’t yet found them.
I find the heart to utter the truth to myself; Only in a whisper.
At once the silence is shattered.
A figure emerges from the darkness, and though his footstep only create a pitter patter sound, they seem like complete racket through the silence.
Pleasant racket.
Taking my hand he acknowledges the crowd.
They nod, unexplainably smiling as they do.
The warmth of his face ignites a feeling of comfort within me.
He swiftly bends down and whispers in my ear and I almost lose the words on account of the velvet tone in each word.
“You haven’t found it, have you?”
I reply with a simple shake of my head to the right then to the left.
“And they think you have.”
In embarrassment, my head drops. Eyes on the frigid ground.
He smiles and whispers in my ear once more
“Neither have I”
My gaze quickly jumps to meet his. I replicate the warm smile he began our seconds long relationship with.
He begins to stroll and I follow, hand still bound to his.
I peer once more over my shoulder.
There they are.
Still.
I smile once more and turn around, contented by the pitter patter of his footsteps.
-JessicaLynnWixx

No comments:

Post a Comment